Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Sunday, November 27, 2011

Marguerite Henry's Birds at Home

Birds at Home, by Marguerite Henry (Oversize HC, 1942, $2, with reinforced spine)

I wasn't impressed with this book until I recognized the author. Marguerite Henry was one of my favorite authors when I was a child. I fell in love with Misty of Chincoteague, and worked my way through most of the rest of her books. I pleaded with my parents to take me to the pony roundup in Chincoteague. I was ecstatic when they said yes, and crushed when they told me the date we would be there. We were going to be there ON THE WRONG DAY! I told them, and told them, but as usual they didn't listen. So we arrived the day AFTER the roundup, in time to look at the ponies in their pens, but little else. I was furious, and I let my feelings be known. The only other thing I really remember, was learning what horse flies were, and that not being a horse didn't mean not getting bitten.

What does all of this have to do with Birds at Home? Not a thing, but since I am the one writing the blog, I can put in anything I want to. So there!

Look for this book in the children's section.