Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Sunday, April 1, 2012

FREE Areas- three of them!

Hey, I just found our second free bookshelf, the one on the second floor!

How is it that it has taken me almost a year to find where our other free bookcase is? Good question, but now that I found it for myself, I wanted to make sure you also know it is there, standing lonely  in its nook to the right of the door, leading to hall, leading to the front steps. (Last week I went all around  the second floor with my boxes of books. I found lots of places to explore later, but no Houghton College free bookcase. This time I found it only because Bob, another volunteer, drew me a map. Thank you Bob! For you who are neither blind nor directionally impaired, you should be able to find it with ease!)

We, of course, still have the free bookshelf out in the hall on the third floor, as well as the free cart inside the store.

Most of the newly freed books are overflow from the cookbook section, but there is lots of other stuff out there too. And more free records (but of course the better ones are for sale in the store).

Did you even know we sold records?

Do you even know what a record is?

Did you know you can still buy record players?

Did you know more records are sold each year than the year before, where as sales of CDs and DVDs  go down every year?

So if you want to get in on the newest thing, buy a record player, and then come to our store to get the records to play on your new player!