Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Sunday, August 12, 2012

James White's 384-level hospital in the sky!


3 "Sector General" Omnibuses by James White (HC, 2001, 2002, and 2003, $2.50 each)

1. Beginning Operations-
which includes:
Hospital Station, Star Surgeon, and Major Operation.

2. Alien Emergencies-
which includes:
Ambulance Ship, Sector General, and Star Healer.

3. General Practice-
which includes:
Code Blue-Emergency and The Genocidal Healer.

 I read my way through the three novels of this first book in only two days. I don't usually read science fiction, but for these stories I made an exception. The weirdest part was realizing afterwards that I had read two of them before, one in the 1970s when I was in high school, and one more recently. I loved them then, and I love them now. Try 'em, and you'll love 'em too!