Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Hate... ***SOLD***

The I Hate the 21st Century Reader: The Awful, the Annoying, and the Absurd- from Ethnic Cleansing to Frankenscience, edited by Clint Willis (TPB, 2005, $2.50)

The I Hate Corporate America Reader: How Big Companies from McDonald's to Microsoft Are Destroying Our Way of Life, edited by Clint Willis (TPB, 2004, $2.50)

I am only blogging about these books because of the titles. "Hate" in the title catches the eye, but personally I hate the word hate. Hate to me makes me think of irrational and out of control anger. Anger is many times irrational, but not necessarily out of control. Anger is an uncomfortable feeling, and can cause pain, but in the long run can be possitive. Hate, on the other hand, is never anything but destructive. (As always, this is only my personal opinion.)  Look for these books on the new non-fiction table, avail. 2/28         (Event. in the gen. NF, and financial sections,.)