Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Thursday, February 23, 2012

John Fox (set of 5 from 1909)

5 volume set by John Fox.

1. A Mountain Europa, and, A Cumberland Vendetta
2.Crittenden, A Kentucky Story of Love and War
3. Christmas Eve on Lonsome, and, "Hell Fer Sartain" and other stories
4. The Little Shepherd of Kingsom Come
5. The Kentuckians, and, A Knight of the Cumberland

(All are HC, 1909, $10 for the set of 5)

The Little Shepherd of Kingdom Come is his most famous, and oddly enough it is the one in the best condition. Just this book alone is offered for $15 on the internet, so this set for $10 is a great bargain.

I knew the John Fox because when I was a youngster my former babysitter gave me a copy of The Little Shepherd  for my birthday. I remember loving it, but hey, I adored her, so I  loved anything she gave me. 

Look for these books in the sets section.