Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Donation of Some Odd Classics

We have just received a large collection of TPB classics. Some of them are the usual ones, like Austin and Dickens, but some are a lot more obscure. For instance, did you know that Carlo Collodi wrote one of the world's most famous children's stories- Pinocchio? Hey, I figured Walt didn't write it, but I had thought it to be an ancient fairy tale. Nope, it was written by an Italian in 1873.

You can't have this copy of Pinocchio till I finish reading it, but the rest of these odd classics can be found on the floor in front of the classics section.

Of course when I call them "odd", it probably shows how ignorant I am, but I bet you won't have heard of all of these gems. Well, Sue probably would have, but her knowledge base was incredible. She had even READ most of the books she talked about. This is my first blog since her death. Life goes on, but she is already greatly missed.