Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Saturday, May 5, 2012

Embracing Fear, and Surviving.

Embracing Fear, and Finding the Courage to Live Your Life, by Thom Rutledge (HC, 2002, has some underling, $2)

This book comes from my own library. I treasure the day I found it, and hope someone new will now let it touch them too. Rutledge taught me to deal with fear by remembering FEAR ( Facing, Exploring, Accepting, and Response). After running from fears for decades, I found facing them no easy matter. In the beginning I managed  the "facing" part pretty poorly, never mind any of that other stuff. Still, practice may not bring perfection, but it does eventually bring a sense of "good enough", and even sometimes, the realization that something wonderful has just been accomplished. This book taught me a lot of skills. I had to try, try, and try again till I found my way through fear's maze, but when I did, oh the joy.  

Good luck to you on you life journey.

Look for this on the new non-fiction table. (L-sh)