Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Mickey Mouse Club Stamp Book (1956)

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Club Stamp Book, by Kathleen N. Daly (children's book, $8, which is 1/3 the internet price.)

Originally in the front of the book there were three pages of 6 gummed stickers each. Children were supposed to remove the stickers and place them in their appropriate space on the following pages. I found it amusing that the spaces provided were actually bigger than the stamps, which made placing the stamps in their spots a lot easier.

Huey, Louie and Dewey's sticker has gone mostly missing. Daisy Duck stands on her side. Pluto Pup and Figaro are slightly off kilter. Otherwise, whoever put the stickers on did a good job.

I had to laugh while writing this. I realized I had spelled "Mickey" incorrectly, and was pondering what the right spelling was, when inside my head a little voice called out, "M-I-C-K-E-Y". Fifty years later and the child in me still remembers!

Look for this treasure on top of the glass case.