Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pooh's Song Book

The Pooh Song Book, containing The Hums of Pooh, The King's Breakfast, and Fourteen Songs from When We Were Very Young, words by A. A. Milne, music by H. Fraser-Simson, and decorations by E. H. Shephard (HC, 1961, ex-lib., $6, which is 1/3 the internet price.)

I love the introductions to the songs. I love the drawings. I just wish I could play the piano, because then I could sing these songs.

Writes Milne about Pooh, "'May I say, 'Thank you for loving him.' He will be very proud if you sing his songs, and so keep him for ever in your memory." And so we will! Look for this book on the new fiction table.  (L-mus)