Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Parables of Peanuts

The Parables of Peanuts, by Robert L. Short (PB, 1968, $1)

Back when I was a teenage, Robert Short came to talk at my dad's church. I remember him as being both funny and profound.

I had never thought of Charles Schulz as being a Christian writer, but he sure thought he was. He wrote, "I preach in these cartoons, and I reserve the same rights to say what I want to say as the minister in the pulpit."

The author of Peanuts wrote of this book, "The Parables of Peanuts is filled with wonderful quotes and is a real delight to read from beginning to end. I could not possibly be more pleased." (I guess he liked it.)

Look for it in the religion blog section.