Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Monday, June 25, 2012

Mighty Mouse Saves the Day (and the corn!)

Mighty Mouse and the Scared Scarecrow, by Felix Sutton (children's book, 1954, $4)

This is the last of the children's books I will be blogging, which means this is the last children's book I get to read. Realizing that makes me feel so sad. I have been having such fun with these donations. (Two books never even managed to get blogged- because I bought  them for myself!)

In regards to this story, I have some comments to make.

First, if a whole lot of crows flew out of the sky and started to peck at my face, I too would be unhappy and scared.

Second, you would think Mighty Mouse would have more important things to do than protect a corn field. Oops, sorry there, I just mixed up Mighty Mouse and Superman!

Finally, crows are pretty smart, and I doubt in real life they would stay away forever. I am just about certain Mighty Mouse would have to come back every once in a while to refresh the crows' memories!

Look for this, along with these other children's book, on top of the glass case.