Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Friday, September 23, 2011

Cat behaviors (SOLD)

What Is My Cat Thinking? (The essential guide to understanding pet behavior), by Gwen Bailey (HC, 2002, $2)

Each page has three photos of a cat along with a translation of what his behavior means.There are also all those informative "Did you know" squares.

All I can say is, where was this book when I was staying with my friend and her five cats! Over the years I was  scratched or bit at least once a visit. Julia, my friend, tried to train me, but sometimes I forgot who was boss in her home. The worst experience? One of her cats swatted at me with her claws out and somehow managed to get one of her claws stuck deep in my finger. We were both unnerved by it all. She sat very still and just looked at me to do something. I looked at her and hoped she wouldn't do something. We both survived, and Julia one again tried to teach me proper behavior around cats. Now, if I had read this book, I might have a few less scars. Look for this book in the pets section, avail. 9/27.