Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Collection of Vices

The Book of Vices: A Collection of Classic Immoral Tales, edited by Robert J. Hutchison (small HC, 1995, $2.25)

Take the world of Western Literature, cull through it to find the craziest ones about vice, and then gather them all together in one place. This is the idea behind this wonderful book. Here are prose and poems. Some of the authors I recognized, some I did not.

One short one by Hilaire Belloc in the avarice section:
Fatigue

I'm tired of Love.
I'm still more tired of Rhyme.
But Money gives me pleasure all the time.

Now as to where to put this book... I thought of putting it in the classics section, but ended up putting it in the comic section. Enjoy!  (Avail. 1/25)