Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jane Austen and Colin Firth (VHS) ***SOLD***

Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, (6 VHS tapes, ex-lib, 1996, $3)

This rendition of Pride and Prejudice has just been voted the best EVER of the period costume movies. Personally I don't care a fig for how many awards it won. I just love having Darcy played by Colin Firth. Yes, I did go to see the King's Speech twice, and it was grand.... But Colin Firth as Darcy, what movie can top that! I bought the tapes for myself about ten years ago, and sat down with a friend to watch only the first tape. Ha, I should have known better. Of course we watched the entire 6 hours, sighing and drooling the whole time... Oops, I didn't really just say "drooling", did I? Ye gads,   readers of this blog will soon know all my secrets!

So bring  the Kleenex, and have the time of your life watching this jem of a series. This set is on the VHS  bookcase.