Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Friday, January 27, 2012

Modern Fishing Tackle (1961)

Modern Fishing Tackle, by Vlad Evanoff (HC, $2.50)

None of this stuff means anything to me. I only went fishing once, and then  I only managed to hook a tree trunk. I am proud to say that I was much better at cleaning fish than I was at catching them, although one of the "dead" fish did manage to bite my finger! Well, my hosts had told me to stick my finger in its mouth! They said nothing about checking to see if it was dead first! This all happened almost 40 years ago, and I have yet to repeat either the fishing or the fish cleaning experience.

I would assume other people have had better luck. If so, check out this book to see how "they" did it in the 1960s. Look for this book in the fishing section. (And watch out for those tree trunks, and angry fish!)

And just in case you are interested, I do not blame that fish at all for biting me.