Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Memoirs of a Tuskegee Airman ***SOLD***

A Train: Memoirs of a Tuskegee Airman, by Lieutenant Colonel Charles W. Dryden USAF (Retired) (HC with DJ, fine condition both, autographed, 1997, $20, which is 1/3 the internet price.)

This one is from my own collection. I remember going downtown one summer to meet the pilot. It took a bit of walking around till I found the place where he was signing books, but, oh, it was worth it.

I had first learned of the 99th from a HBO movie. Of course Dad knew all about the 99th. He never failed to amaze me. Whenever I would find out something new about WW II, I would call him, and he would always know more about it than I did, even though I had just read up on it. I don't know why I was surprised. He was, after all, a historian.

I hear there is a new movie out about the 99th. It is supposed to be based on truth, but this book IS the truth. Come and celebrate an amazing group of men, who served under the amazing General Benjamin O. Davis, Jr..

I am not in awe of many people, but I am in awe of these.

Look for this book in the biog. section, avail. 2/3.