Always be first to know about the latest donations coming into the shop! Every time we get a box of something special, we'll blog it right here. That way you won't end up coming in right after the books you wanted got sold. We look forward to seeing you often and making your book shopping much easier!



Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ogden Nash Poems

Many Long Years Ago (HC, 1945, $1, as is)
Good Intentions (HC, 1942, $2)
The Private Dining Room (HC with DJ, 1953, $4.50, which is 1/3 the internet price.)

  To My Valentine (From Good Intentions)

More than a catbird hates a cat,
Or a criminal hates a clue,
Or the Axis hates the United States,
That 's how much I love you.

I love you more than a duck can swim,
And more than a grapefruit squirts,
I love you more than gin rummy is a bore,
And more than a toothache hurts.

As a shipwrecked sailor hates the sea,
Or a juggler hates a shove,
As a hostess detests unexpected guests,
That's how much you I love...